Friday, March 26, 2021

Reading Right Now! (294)

 Yayy for the weekend! What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 


The Lost Village by Camilla Sten -- I was very lucky and got a free copy of this for honest review from the publisher. Thanks so much to Minotaur Books. This is exactly up my alley. It released March 23, 2021.
I'm only 50 pages in, but I'm definitely intrigued. I love creepy villages, secrets. I can't wait to see where this thing is going to go. It almost feels like it could be a movie or television show, it's pretty vivid.
The story is about a remote mining village whose residents all mysteriously disappeared in the late 1950's. The only ones left in the town were a woman stoned to death in the square and a baby that was left all alone. In the present day, we have a documentary film crew who travel to the village hoping to find out its secrets.

Behind the Throne (#1) by K.B. Wagers -- I've been eyeing this book for the longest time just because it looks like something I'll like. I actually had another book by this author that I was going to read, but then I found out that that book was actually a continuation of The Indranan War Series (this book is the first one in that series). I don't like reading things out of order.
So this is space. I'm a big fan of sci-fi. I'm 100 pages in. It definitely starts off with a bang, but I'm still unsure of a lot of things. I almost wish I could have seen Hail's adventure from the very beginning, how she ran away from home and became a gunrunner. That would have been cool.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment