Friday, June 18, 2021

Reading Right Now! (300)

 300! I can't believe that I've done 300 of these. I hope you enjoy them, because I do enjoy doing them. I know I don't have a huge audience, that I'm mainly doing this because I enjoy it, but I still thank every one of you that stick around.
So, What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


The One by John Marrs -- I got this book from Netgalley for honest review from the publisher quite a while ago and I also checked out a physical copy from my library. This has been out for a while, because I suck at reading review books on time. 
I've been interested in this book for a little bit. The premise is just so intriguing. Take a DNA test and find your perfect match, the person that is the perfect one for you genetically. I saw the Netflix show when it came out, and I enjoyed it, but I really wanted to see how the book was. This is different from the show. It has some of the same story lines, just done a little differently, but the book has so much more! The show really only focuses on three matches I guess. It's mainly focused on the founder of the company and how she got there, a married couple where curiosity about the test gets the better of one of them, and a cop who is matched with someone who is not all that she seems.
This book has 5 perspectives. That's a lot. And this book is wild, crazy. There's so much stuff going on. I will say, it's definitely not a love story. You might think it could be, but all of these matches seem to have one problem or another. It's really fun to read.
The only thing that's not too fun is, we follow five people and their chapters each happen in the same order. The chapters usually end with some kind of cliffhanger, and then you have to go through the other four perspectives before you get the answer. It's hard not to skip ahead to find out the answer (I might have done that, I couldn't help it).
I like it.
 
Neon Gods by Katee Robert -- I got this book for honest review from Netgalley and the Publisher and I'm really excited I got the chance to read it. This is already out. This is a Hades and Persephone Romance and it's HOT HOT HOT! It is addicting. Not something I would read in public, because you never know who's going to read over your shoulder. I'm really liking this. Not for the kiddies, just for the adults.
 
And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading this weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment