Monday, February 16, 2015

Review: DeathNote #3: Hard Run by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata


Title: DeathNote #3: Hard Run
Story by: Tsugumi Ohba
Art by: Takeshi Obata
Published by: Shonen Jump Advanced: VIZ Media, LLC.
Released: 2003
Summary: In this third installment in the DeathNote series, it's L against Light and Light against the whole police force. Who is smarter, L or Light? How long can Light outsmart the police to deliver on his plan of ultimate justice? Will all these questions be answered in this volume? No, no they won't, but it continues on the journey to those answers. Watch and see how the DeathNote changes Light from someone focused on doing what's right, to someone who gets consumed by power.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this third installment of the series. Seeing the battle of wits between Light and L was fun. Some of what Light is thinking as he tries to avoid capture is too complicated for my simple mind, but I can't deny that he is smart. Watching Light get transformed by the power is really interesting to watch, and a little scary.
L is an odd detective, but I like him.
The ending has me really interested for the next installment.
Overall, I really like this manga series and can't wait to see what happens next.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Sometimes Light be scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment