Friday, March 4, 2016

Reading Right Now! (#55)

This week's Reading Right Now! is going to be disappointing, because I didn't finish any of the books that I was reading last week. I'm a reading failure *sob sob* Well, maybe that's an over-exaggeration, but booktube and blogging have made me realize that I'm not as fast of a reader as I always thought I was. My one true skill is a lie. It's like an athlete who's the best at his high school, and then he goes to college and finds out he's just mediocre. Except I'm not an athlete, I read. Anyway, that was an off-topic tangent to hide that I'm reading the same books this week as I was reading last week.

The ones I made progress in

 

- Razorhurst by Justine Larbalestier: I'm about 100 pages in to this one and am rather enjoying it. I really had no expectations going in to this, but in a weird way, it's not what I expected. The story is told differently than in a majority of other YA books. It almost doesn't feel like YA in a way. There's also no single main character to really follow. I don't know how to explain it exactly, but the story kind of hops from various topics. I am kind of liking it though. It's different and kind of interesting to read. This book, for those that are curious, involves ghosts, some people who can see them, the 1930's, crime, and the Razor Gangs that walked through the streets of Australia.
- The Assassin's Curse (#1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke: I'm over halfway through this book and am just really enjoying it. It almost has a bit of a Tamora Pierce feel to me, but with a main character who doesn't take herself quite as seriously, if that even makes sense. I really like the main character Annanna, even if I have no idea how to pronounce her name. I'm very interested in the man of mystery that is our assassin Naji. It's just kind of fun.

The books I've made no progress in

 

- Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf: This is my Netgalley read. #Shameful #Failure. I should have read more of this this past week. I'm only about 2 chapters in and I'm finding it interesting and mysterious so far. I just need to get on my reading game and read more of it. Also, this book is already out, so if you want to buy it, you can. Hopefully, this one gets finished in this next week so I can write a review.
- Steampunk II: Steampunk Reloaded edited by Anne and Jeff VanderMeer: I read none of this this week either. Hopefully I can get to a couple of stories in this next week.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! I know, shameful that it's the same reads as last week. I blame Netflix and The 100. Talking about The 100, I can't wait to formulate my thoughts into a review for this lastest episode. So anyway, tell me what you're Reading Right Now! I always like to know and discuss books.

No comments:

Post a Comment