Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books That Feature Time Travel

Time Travel is one of those keywords that makes me want to pick up and read books. It's just such a cool concept and has the potential to make such cool stories. While considering this topic and what books I wanted to pick for it, I realized that I actually haven't read that many time travel books. I literally have two books that I remember having time travel in. I need to read more!! I have more on my TBR. So I'm going to get a little creative here and show you my Top 5 Books Featuring Time Travel!

The Books Featuring Time Travel that I've actually read.
 

--Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling: How can one forget the time travel in this book. And how can we forget that Hermione has the power of time travel, but only uses it to take more classes at school. All that power in her reach, and she uses it to double her homework. Oh Hermione, you lovable nerd. Not only did JK Rowling incorporate time travel, but she had the coolest little trinket to facilitate it. The Time Turner is awesome! This might be the first instance of time travel that I read. Very fun and more magic just got added to this already magical world.
--Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier: This is the only other time travel book that I can remember reading in the not too distant past. This was a cute read. I actually only got a little taste of time travel in this first installment. I need to read the other books in the series. I'll probably have to reread this one as well. From what I can tell, I think this is just going to be a cute series.

Books Featuring Time Travel that I haven't read yet, but want to
  

--Tempest by Julie Cross: I think this was part of my first ever (or maybe second ever) Bookoutlet haul. And looky there, I still haven't read it yet. Don't act so surprised. You all know I have a book buying, and then sitting on my shelf for years, problem. So, apart from having pretty pretty covers, this is supposed to be heavily time travel centric. When I finally get to this one, it will be worth it.
--Passenger by Alexandra Bracken: I bought this one not too long ago because of the time travel draw and the hype I'd heard about it. Still haven't read it yet, but I'm excited to. I've heard this is like a scavenger hunt through time, which sounds pretty awesome.
--The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig: I don't believe this one has come out yet, but it is on my wishlist. The cover is just very pretty and the synopsis sounds intriguing. I think it's a ship that can go to any time you want. I hope to get my hands on this book soonish.

Oh and I Almost Forgot

--Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: How could I talk time travel, and not talk this? I couldn't. Haven't read this one either #shameful #GetOnIt but I do want to. The hype surrounding this book series is real and I need to read it. It's really big though, maybe that's why I haven't yet. Or it could be my library addiction problem. Whatever it is, I need to fix it and read the ultimate book about sexy time travel.

So that's my Top 5 Books That Feature Time Travel. What are yours? Were you surprised with how many time travel books you've actually read like me? I need to really hunker down and read some more time travel books. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a fun, new topic to talk about and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment