Friday, March 11, 2016

Reading Right Now! (56)

What I'm Reading Right Now! this week is...

Almost Finished With

--Razorhurst by Justine Larbalestier: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm enjoying this. Doesn't really read or feel like a YA, it could be put with adult fiction and I wouldn't question it. What I find a little crazy is that this book has less than 200 reviews on goodreads (it technically has 199, which is one less than 200). That means I picked up an underhyped book. Yayy! I'm not just following the crowd. The most fascinating thing about this book is the history that it covers. I never knew about Razorgangs in Australia in the 1930s. It's really interesting to learn about. The overall story is a little jumpy and a tad drawn out, considering it's only supposed to take place in the span of a day, but I can forgive those things just because reading it is so interesting. Google Razorgangs Australia, you'll learn some really fascinating tidbits of Australian crime history.

Starting Something New
  

--The Cage by Megan Shepherd: I love love love Megan Shepherd's The Madman's Daughter trilogy and have vowed to read everything else she writes, so I might as well start this. I'm excited for it. And I think the sequel is not too far off from being released. What I know about this, humans kidnapped by aliens and kept in a zoo like place.
--Y: The Last Man: Volume 5: Ring of Truth by Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, and Jose Marzan Jr.: Time for Volume 5! I really enjoy this series. Yorick is one funny guy, and I need to read on so I can eventually see how all of this ends.
--The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman: This one I'm contemplating as a maybe, hopefully, I'll start it this week. I saw it at my library today and grabbed it. Since it's a pretty new release, I imagine someone will put it on hold and I'll have to give it up. I was interested in this as soon as I heard about it. I think it's like Victorian London and demon hunters or something, that just sounds really good. So I might start this one sooner rather than later.

Still Trudging Through But Have Made No Real, Discernible Progress On
 

--Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf: #shameful I'm sorry Netgalley and Publisher. It's just something about me and ebooks, I tend to ignore them in favor of regular books. Maybe, honestly it's just something about me and review copies, I want to read them, but then keep putting them behind other books. But I Will Read This! I make that vow to myself. I love a good thriller/psychological fiction. Plus this isn't that long of a book. I'll finish this sucker. Oh and what I've read of it isn't bad in the least.
--Steampunk II: Steampunk Reloaded edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer: I don't feel as guilty over not making that much progress in this one because it's a short story collection. I feel like I can get back to it whenever and I won't have missed out on anything. Like I can take my time with this. I still want to make some type of progress in it though.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! and what I'll be reading next. What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment