Saturday, June 4, 2016

Reading Right Now! (68)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh -- I am determined, or mostly determined, to finish this this weekend. I've been trying this whole thing of trying to read 3 books at once, like on rotation, and I'm not sure how well my method has been working. I mean, I've been reading books, but I don't necessarily know if I've been reading them faster. I know I definitely haven't been reading I Let You Go faster, simply because of my experimental method. But I really want to finish this for various reasons. One is because I won it in a Goodreads FirstReads giveaway, and feel a little pressure to do a review for it. I want to win more books, which means I have to review the ones I've already won. I'm also really enjoying this book. It's kind of a unique thriller in a way. It's a bit slow moving, but still gripping at the same time. And it has the most massive twist. I was honestly taken aback. Everything I had been led to believe was a lie. But yes, this book is great and I'm excited to finish it. I would definitely recommend it from what I've read so far.

What I Want To Start Next
 

-- Professor Gargoyle (Tales of Lovecraft Middle School #1) by Charles Gilman-- I remember when this series was going around booktube and was always just really interested in it. It looks creepy, cute, and I always love a good middle grade. I know there are four books in the series and am not sure if any more are planned after that. Plus I really like these covers, they are fun.
--An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir-- I want to know what the hype is all about. Am I going to like it? Or am I going to be the oddball that just thinks it's okay or doesn't like it at all? Overly hyped books scare me so much because sometimes they don't live up to the hype. Or I've made it so awesome in my head, and it can't live up to that picture when I actually read it. I'm curious about this one. Plus, I know the sequel is on its way to coming out, and if I end up loving this, I won't have that long to wait to read on. I'm nervous.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Let me know what you are Reading Right Now! in the comments below. Talk books with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment