Friday, October 28, 2016

Reading Right Now! (89)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--Nameless: A Tale of Beauty and Madness (#1) by Lili St. Crow-- I'm about 80 pages in and so far I'm just eehh on it. It's supposed to be a retelling/re-imagining/inspired by Snow White. I'm not really getting the world that it's set in, it hasn't done a really good job of explaining what's what. I gather that there is magic involved, vampires, and all kinds of weird creatures that might have once been people? I'm not hating it, I'm intrigued, I just wish I understood exactly what was going on and where I am. I've read one other book by Lili St. Crow and remembered really enjoying it, so I hope this gets better for me. I'll probably push myself through the series regardless, because that's just a weird compulsion I have.

What I Hope To Read Next!

--The Hunt (The Cage #2) by Megan Shepherd-- Continuing on with this series, hopefully this coming up week. This will probably be weird too, because I remember the first book being weird. It's about humans that are captured by aliens and kind of looked at as zoo animals. The main girl kind of developed an attraction to her alien captor in the first book, see what I mean about weird?

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? And I'm sorry for having a couple days without my usual posts. I get lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment