Monday, October 3, 2016

Review: East of West: Volume 2: We Are All One (Issues 6-10) by Jonathan Hickman, Nick Dragotta, and Frank Martin

Title: East of West: Volume 2: We Are All One (Issues 6-10)
Written by: Jonathan Hickman
Art by: Nick Dragotta
Colors by: Frank Martin
Letters by: Rus Wooton
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: 2014
Source: Library

Summary: The journey continues in this second installment, where the Old West meets Space meets the Four Horsemen. Death is out to find his son. Others are out to protect their interests. Things get weird.
My Thoughts: My main takeaway: I understand nothing! If you ask me what this comic series is about, I honestly don't think I could tell you. I know it involves the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I know it involves some shady business dealings between members of a mysterious organization. I know it is the most interesting mash-up of the Old West, mixed with science fiction, mixed with weirdness, that I've read.
The art style is beautiful! I love the use of color in the panels. It is just very pretty to look at.
This comic series is very interesting. I have no idea what's going on, but I keep on reading it. It's visually stunning, so read it just for that. I'll most likely continue with the series, once I can get my hands on the next volume.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.2/5
Look at all the Pretty Colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment