Friday, September 30, 2016

Reading Right Now! (85)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse #2) by Cassandra Rose Clarke-- I'm really liking this one so far. It's the sequel in a duology that started with The Assassin's Curse, it's about a pirate named Ananna, who is linked by accident to a magical assassin named Naji. She saved his life, which in turn cursed him, and now he must protect Ananna from danger or feel vast amounts of pain. I feel like I did a bad job at explaining that. Anyway, Ananna and Naji are now a team, on a mission to break the curse.
This second one picks up with them still being stranded on a magical island that they can't get off, and things go from there.
I think this series is a lot of fun. Ananna is a pretty tough pirate who can take care of herself, which really stresses out Naji. I love books about pirates and assassins! I'm about 60% through this and am having a lot of fun. I wish this wasn't the ending of the series though. I'm kind of sad that the publisher Strange Chemistry went out of business, because they published some pretty fun and interesting books. 
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to finish this this weekend.

What I Hope To Read Next!

 

-- Alex + Ada: Volume 1 by Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn-- This is about a boy who gets a robot for his birthday, I think. In a way, it kind of reminds me of the manga Chobits, but I'm thinking it's not going to be as dirty. If you've read any volumes of that manga, you know it's highly inappropriate :D 
I've had this one out from the library for awhile and figure that it's high time I read it, so I can return it. I hope I like it.
--After The Woods by Kim Savage-- This one is calling to me on the it's pretty much October, so I need to read alllll the scary books level. I believe it's a kind of thriller about a girl who escapes a killer and what happens after. I'm not sure if that description is 100% accurate, but that's all I've got. Hopefully I like it!

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading. Also, can you believe October is pretty much here? Where has this year gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment