Friday, March 17, 2017

Reading Right Now! (107)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

-- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon-- Was curious about this one because of all the hype and the fact that it's being made into a movie. This book is about a girl who is allergic to everything and spends all her time locked in her house, so she doesn't die. A new boy moves next door and romance ensues.
I mean... what can I say. It's kind of what I expected so far. It's cute, a very quick read, but I think it's just something I'm going to be meh over. I'm about 80 ish pages in, and it just has a very insta-love vibe to me. Suddenly she's in love with the neighbor boy. It's probably just me. I'm not always the biggest fan of YA contemporary.

-- The New Dead An Anthology Edited by Christopher Golden-- Thought I'd mix a little light, with a little dark, and add some ZOMBIESSS into the list. I love my zombie stories. This is an anthology of short stories, and I've only read two so far. The first one was interesting because it talked about the first "zombie" Lazarus, which is an interesting way to go. The second story was just bleeehhh eeech, and the main character totally got what he deserved. I mean, the writing in the second story was pretty good, just the things that were happening were not things I'd ever want to imagine.
For reference, the first story was Lazarus by John Connolly. The second story was What Maisie Knew by David Liss.
I like reading anthologies because they are brief forays into different worlds, and you get samples of different authors. And I love zombie stories!

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment