Thursday, March 23, 2017

Review: Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road #1) by Katie McGarry


Title: Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road #1)
Author: Katie McGarry
Published by: Harlequin Teen
Released: 2015
Source: Library

Summary: Emily has always lived a cautious life. She's obeyed the rules and has been relatively happy. She never knew that her birth father, who comes to visit her once a year, is the President of a motorcycle club in Kentucky. She also had no idea that she had other family living in Kentucky. She now has been dragged to Kentucky, to spend time with an ailing grandmother. Emily does not go willingly. Then Emily meets sexy and dangerous Oz. 
The Reign of Terror Motorcycle Club is family to Oz. He'd do anything for it, even if that means having to babysit Eli's daughter, who's appeared out of nowhere. Emily doesn't understand Oz's motorcycle family, and judges them. Emily is off limits to Oz, but sometimes you want what you can't have.
My Thoughts: This was a meh book for me. What I consider an average read. I'd read a book by Katie McGarry before, and really enjoyed it, Pushing The Limits was the title. I think Katie McGarry does a really good job of writing contemporary romance. I could even see her writing New Adult Romance. Her writing is really addicting, and I enjoyed that part. I was just meh on the overall story and characters. I'm not sure if I'm the biggest fan of the Motorcycle Club backdrop. It's a way of life that's very foreign to me, and I don't know if I completely get it.
There was so much drama in the book, drama I didn't necessarily enjoy. So many of the problems stemmed from not telling the truth and keeping things secret.
Illness plays a big part in the story as well. I'm not the biggest fan of reading sad books, they make me feel things I don't want to feel.
Sadly, this was just a meh read for me. While Oz was pretty sexy, it wasn't enough to make me want to Ride Or Die for him. I'll probably continue with the series, because I do enjoy Katie McGarry's writing. It wasn't bad, it just didn't really do anything for me.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3/5
Didn't Really Rev My Engine

No comments:

Post a Comment