Monday, September 11, 2017

Review: Chew, Volume 6: Space Cakes by John Layman and Rob Guillory


Title: Chew, Volume 6: Space Cakes
Written and Lettered by: John Layman
Drawn and Colored by: Rob Guillory
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: 2013 (Omnivore Volume 3 Edition)
Source: Library

Summary: The adventures just get tastier in Chew, Volume 6: Space Cakes. Tony is out of commission for a while, in the hospital, so his family and friends have to pick up the slack.
His sister Toni has a lot to do this Volume. As an agent for NASA, she can investigate anything and everything. She also has some secret special skills.
John is getting used to his new partner POYO, who is taking all the glory.
Crime is on the rise, with painters being kidnapped, vampires showing up, and a tragedy to eclipse all tragedies.
My Thoughts: CHEW IS THE BEST!! I have so much fun reading this comic series. The story is wacky and zany, I never know what's going to happen next. The art is fantastic too! Bright and colorful, and a lot of times really disgusting. I also love finding all the little hidden extras in the panels. It adds just that much more fun!
This comic series is an experience, an experience I recommend everyone partaking in.
I enjoyed the story in this Volume, how we got to spend a lot of time with Toni. Her interactions with everybody were just a lot of fun. I loved the back and forth she had with Caesar. I was also kind of sad with how it ended. Tragedy, TRAGEDY!
Can't wait to see where everything goes next. It will be awesome. I can't recommend this series enough. It's a ton of fun!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5
Deliciously Disgusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment