Monday, September 25, 2017

Review: Tales of the Peculiar (#0.5) by Ransom Riggs


Title: Tales of the Peculiar (#0.5)
Author: Ransom Riggs
Published by: Dutton Books
Released: 2016
Source: Library

Summary: Peculiars have been around through the centuries. Their histories written and shared. These tales serve as lessons and morals to other struggling Peculiars. In these tales reside ghosts, cannibals, and fork-tongued princesses. Embrace the Peculiar inside you.
My Thoughts: Well, this was fun and strange. Just what I suspected it to be really. It reminds me a lot of The Tales of Beetle and the Bard by J.K. Rowling, fairy tales set in a magical world we are already familiar with and enjoy.
I'd say, if you are already a fan of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, give this a read. It's a good time.
Probably my favorite, favorite thing about this book is the design. It's so pretty! I love the woodcut illustration style. That is a real talent. Visually, it's great to look at.
So that's really all I have to say about this book. I liked it. I thought it was a fun add-on to the series. It's not something you have to read, but it's fun to read.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
What a Peculiar Set of Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment