Monday, October 30, 2017

Review: The Scarecrow Princess by Federico Rossi Edrighi


Title: The Scarecrow Princess
Author: Federico Rossi Edrighi
Published by: The Lion Forge/ROAR
Released: October 24, 2017
Source: NetGalley and Publisher

Summary: Morrigan lives in a family of authors who like researching obscure myths for their books. They've traveled to a new town in search of information regarding The King of the Crows. Morrigan is not happy. She's tired of always going to a new place, tired of always having to make new friends, and be the new kid at schools. She makes her displeasure known.
Things start happening in this new town. Things that put her family in danger, and it is up to her to save them.
My Thoughts: I want to thank NetGalley and The Lion Forge for letting me review this book. Unfortunately, this wasn't the book for me. I'm always thankful of getting the chance to review books and share my opinions honestly.
I don't think this was the book for me. I didn't like it. I didn't like the main character. She was very whiny, and just a brat. I didn't really love the art style. The coloring was pretty, but it just wasn't art I'm drawn to.
The plot of the story progressed very quick, almost too quick. It could have done with a little more development and build up.
I also wasn't a big fan of the dialogue. It didn't grip me, or really entertain me.
I don't think I got whatever point this story was trying to make. I just thought it was weird, confusing, and I didn't really like it. This review is just my thoughts and opinions. Don't let me stop you from reading this book if it sounds good to you. It's a super quick read. I'm thankful that I was given a chance to review it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 2/5
Not For Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment