Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books Featuring Witches

It's time for another Top 5 Wednesday! This week's topic is our Top 5 Favorite Books Featuring Witches. I'll try not to go for the obvious, so no Harry Potter, sorry. I love books about witches, featuring witches. They are a lot of fun.
Here are my Top 5 Books With Witches in them:

  
  

-- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare-- I don't remember when the first time I read this was, but it was a childhood book that I really enjoyed. It's a witch book, but not a magic witch book. It is set in the past, in the time of the Puritans, and it deals a lot with the Witch Trials, or what can happen to people who were accused of consorting with the devil. I just remember really liking this. I remember really liking the romance. I think it's a book that's worth a read. Witches have a place in history that's not all fun and games.

--Spellbinder (Nightworld Series) by L.J. Smith-- L.J. Smith books and I were fast friends when I was a preteen, before the YA explosion hit hard. I still have a bit of resentment because she still HASN'T FINISHED THIS DARN SERIES!!! I love this Nightworld series, I haven't read all the books published in it yet, but I do own those nifty bind-ups. I liked this series because it had supernatural creatures and always a love story, a soul mate. I mean, how romantic is it to imagine a soul mate out there meant just for you? I know! My teenage self was smitten. Spellbinder was a book that focused on witches. There was a good witch and her dark witch cousin, and they were fighting over a boy. It just screams READ ME!

--The Secret Circle: The Initiation (but really the whole series) by L.J. Smith-- Oh look, another L.J. Smith Series on my list! I read the whole series of this and really liked it. It's kind of about a coven of witches. A new girl moves into town and finds out stuff about herself. She also falls for the Coven Leader's Boyfriend, which causes tension.

--Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood-- I really enjoyed this book when I read it. I still need to read the rest of the series. It was about a family of witches, sisters, who have to hide their powers in their male dominated society. Finishing this series is on my list of things to do.

--Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore-- I almost forgot about this one and I can't believe I did! I really, really liked this one when I read it. If I'm remembering right, I don't think our main character has any powers, but she comes from a family with powers. It's set on a ranch, with a hot cowboy, and a haunting that they have to solve. This book wasn't what I was expecting when I read it, but I loved it so much.

And that was my Top 5 Books With Witches! Do you have any witchy book recommendations for me. I'm all ears. I love witch books. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should! Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment