Tuesday, November 7, 2017

October 2017 Wrap-Up!

Here's everything I read and watched in October 2017!

THE BOOKS

  
 
 

-- Better Days And Other Stories (Serenity #2) by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, Will Conrad, Zack Whedon, Patton Oswalt, Chris Smanee, Jim Krueger, and Patric Reynolds -- I love Firefly and Serenity! This graphic novel was great! I loved the artwork and just getting the chance to be back in the Verse. This Volume was made up of more short stories then a beginning to end plot based one. I liked it a lot and am already continuing on with the series. If you haven't watched Firefly, do it NOW! But then be prepared to be heartbroken because it was canceled after one season. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5!

-- iZombie, Volume 3: Six Feet Under and Rising by Chris Roberson, Gilbert Hernandez, Mike Allred -- This Volume was fun. It had a storyline where a lot was happening in it. I really like the art style and color, it reminds me a lot of Scooby-Doo, which might very well be what they are going for because this Volume contained a Scooby-Doo reference. I need to get my hands on the next Volume to find out what happens. Maybe I should try to watch the CW show too. I know they are very different, but I could like it since I like the comics.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

-- Ten by Gretchen McNeil -- I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this. It was perfect Halloween reading. It's about these kids who get invited to a party on this out-of-the-way island. There's a bad storm, the power goes out, and bad stuff starts happening. There's a killer in their midst, and he/she is picking them off one by one. It really plays out like a teen slasher movie, and I loved it. So much fun. I was tricked a little bit with who the killer was, but I feel like I was on the right track.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5

-- Dead Letters: An Anthology of the Undelivered, the Missing, the Returned... edited by Conrad Williams -- I'd been reading this Anthology for a while and finally got around to finishing it in October. I enjoyed it. Not all the stories were the greatest, but I was interested. I really liked the premise for this Anthology. It's pretty much weird stuff showing up in your mailbox. Packages that might or might not be intended for you, and some of them are dangerous. I thought it was a good Anthology, I enjoyed it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.7/5

-- Death Note, Volume 8: Target by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata -- After the ending of Volume 7, I waited quite awhile to read Volume 8. The ending of Volume 7 kind of broke me, and I didn't know just how the story would continue. The first little chunk of Volume 8 was kind of confusing, probably because I waited so long between volumes, but I quickly got into it. It's just craziness. Light has some new adversaries and he has to think, think, think like he always does to outsmart them and stay on top. I'm interested to see where it all goes, and I'm slowly but surely getting to the end of this manga series. Then I can maybe watch the anime series and then the movies, although I've head the Netflix Original one is not good for fans.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

-- The Scarecrow Princess by Federico Rossi Edrighi -- I got this for review from NetGalley and I didn't like it. The story felt kind of rushed, I didn't like the art work, and I was generally confused for most of it. The main character was also a teenage brat, which I'm never really a fan of. Happy I got the chance to read and review it though.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 2/5


-- The Graveyard Apartment by Mariko Koike translated by Deborah Boliver Boehm -- This book was interesting, but very, very slow. I started it during #Spookathon and I thought it did make for a perfect Halloween read. I don't know if it's because it was a translated work, but I just felt like this was very wordy. When the scares came, they were good, but there was just a lot of filler the rest of the time. It's a story about a family who buys an apartment in the middle of a graveyard, and creepy things start happening. The ending was kind of crazy though. I wouldn't say don't read it, just go in knowing it's not going to be a fast read.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.3/5

THE SHOWS


-- Blacklist Season 4 -- Watched on Netflix -- I won't say I'm addicted to this show, but I find it very interesting. I like the criminal of Raymond Reddington. Sometimes you forget he's a bad guy, but then he does things that make you remember he is. James Spader is pretty much what makes this show. The character of Elizabeth Keen is just meh. Meh Meh Meh. I mean, I really do want the truth of whether Raymond is her father, but that's pretty much all I care about when it comes to her. I enjoy her husband's character a lot more. And I have a question. Does anyone know if Blacklist: Redemption is coming to Netflix? Because I'd love to watch that and I know it was canceled after one season.


-- Stranger Things 2 -- Binged on Netflix -- I, like the rest of the world, binged this as soon as it came out. It was good! I really liked it. There was only one real episode that messed up the flow of the season and that was Episode 7. To those that have seen it, I'm talking about the one with Eight. This Season was a lot of fun, and now comes the long wait for Season 3. It's sad that I watched this thing in 5 days, it makes the waiting soooo much looooonger!!!

So that was my October 2017. How was yours? Did you read anything good? Watch anything good? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment