Monday, November 13, 2017

Review: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch


Title: Dark Matter
Author: Blake Crouch
Published by: CROWN
Released: 2016
Source: Library

Summary: Jason Dessen is happy with his life. He is married to the love of his life, has a 14 year old son, and works as a Physics Professor at a local college. Most people would consider his life average, but he's happy with it. Jason has kind of taken his life for granted.
On the way back home from a get together at a bar, Jason is ambushed. Knocked out and drugged, he wakes up in a strange place, in a strange world. In this place, Jason finds out that he never married, never had his son, instead he focused on science, and ended up inventing something fantastic.
Jason must figure out how to get home. How to find his family again. There's also a bunch of people after him, so he has to figure out how to survive that too.
My Thoughts: What a fun ride! This book is definitely worth the hype. It plays out like a great movie, which I think it might be one day.
I felt like I sped through this book. It was such a fast read, and I was always curious to see what was going to happen next.
I thought the concept was really cool. And that's all I'll say about that, because I think it's the most fun to go into this book not knowing much about it. I did feel like the end got bogged down with too many adversaries. It was easier for me when there was just one ultimate foe. And because of all the adversaries, it really made me question who I should be rooting for. When you read it, you'll understand. It just left me conflicted, confused, and wondering who deserved to win in the end.
I really enjoyed this read. It was fun, it was quick, and I had a good time reading it. I definitely recommend picking this up!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
One Fun Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment