Monday, November 27, 2017

Review: Chew, Volume 7: Bad Apples (Chew #31-35) by John Layman and Rob Guillory


Title: Chew, Volume 7: Bad Apples (Chew #31-35)
Written and Lettered by: John Layman
Draw and Colored by: Rob Guillory
Published by: Image Comics
Released: August 2013
Source: Library

Summary: Tony Chu is out for revenge. He's determined to find the "vampire" that stole from his family. When he finds him, he's going to kill him. Of course, he still has cases to solve. Tony and John have been brought back to the FDA! They are Agents again!
There's a cult going around town, killing chicken eaters, so Tony and John have to deal with that. The team is back together, and they are ready for action!
My Thoughts: I love this series! Soooo much fun. It's so funny, and usually, light hearted. They can be super weird too, but it's always in a funny way.
This series is always a good time for me. John Layman's stories are weird. Sometimes, the adventures Tony finds himself in doesn't always flow from Volume to Volume, but his adventures are always a good time.
I love Rob Guillory's artwork. It's so fun, creative, and different than anything else I've ever seen. I also love finding the Easter Eggs in the panels. Layman and Guillory make a great duo.
This Volume was fun. I'd read reviews of people who said this Volume wasn't their favorite because of how intense Tony was, but I liked it. Tony had his reasons for being intense. And it was so satisfying to see him standing up to Appleby, and Appleby's reaction.
John's love life fiasco is interesting to watch. I wonder if he will ever get out of that one. I really enjoyed the new developments. I can't wait to see what happens next! I definitely recommend the Chew Comics. They are always a fun time, and I Love Them.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.2/5
Just What I Wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment