Thursday, January 18, 2018

Review: Y: The Last Man, Volume 10: Whys and Wherefores (Issues #55-60) by Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, and Jose Marzan, Jr.


Title: Y: The Last Man, Volume 10: Whys and Wherefores (Issues #55-60)
Written by: Brian K. Vaughan
Penciller: Pia Guerra
Inker: Jose Marzan, Jr.
Published by: DC Comics
Released: 2008
Source: Library

Summary: Five years after the death of all males, except for two lone survivors, Yorick, the last man alive, is closer to finding his love Beth. Yorick and Agent 355 are on their way to Paris!
Hero is also on a trip, looking for her brother.
Some old enemies are still looking for Yorick too.
In this last Volume of Y: The Last Man, we see how Yorick's journey ends.
My Thoughts: I can't believe I'm finished with this series. Finishing a series feels so rare to me, most times because I'm always stuck in the middle of them. Y: The Last Man has been a comic series I've enjoyed. I don't think it's the best ever, but I've always been interested in the story. I've also formed attachments to some of the characters.
I was excited for this finale. I thought I'd get all the answers I wanted, and just feel a sense of satisfaction at the end. Unfortunately, this conclusion just left me unsatisfied, and wanting.
This conclusion just left me sad. It wasn't a happy ending, which is what I wanted for Yorick and the gang.
There were some shocking scenes that I didn't expect, wasn't ready for, and didn't like. I still feel really confused about what caused the whole plague and what the cure was. If you asked me, I couldn't tell you. Maybe they explained it somewhere along the series and I just forgot, or I didn't get it, but if that happened, it definitely wasn't a moment that stuck with me enough to remember.
This whole Volume just felt very sad. I don't think it's the ending that I wanted for these characters. It was also very unsatisfying. Not really what I wanted in the Final Volume. I don't regret reading this series, I just wish it had a better ending.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3/5
An unsatisfying end.

No comments:

Post a Comment