Thursday, May 31, 2018

Review: Chew, Volume 9: Chicken Tenders (Issues #41-45) by John Layman and Rob Guillory


Title: Chew, Volume 9: Chicken Tenders (Issues #41-45)
Written and Lettered by: John Layman
Drawn and Colored by: Rob Guillory
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Source: Library

Summary: Tony Chu is on the case again, solving gross and weird crimes before dinnertime, which is usually beets. Tony has been sent to a lot of obscure locations lately, almost like they want him out of the way.
The baddie, The Collector, is still up to no good. He's killing more people and ingesting more abilities. The team's trying to bring The Collector down! Once they find him, he's toast, if all goes according to plan.
My Thoughts: I love Chew! Love it so much! This Volume was just as good as all the other Volumes. I love the humor, I love the art, and I love the Easter Eggs. Chew is my favorite comic.
I thought it was funny how Tony was being sent to all these places for no other purpose then keeping him away. I mean, there were crimes, but not crimes that took forever to solve. His frustration was amusing. Thinking about it, Tony spends most of his life irritated.
I enjoyed Poyo's little fairy tale story, plus all his epic battles against monstrous beasts!
The first half of this Volume was mellow compared to the crazy second half. So much stuff happened. Stuff that I couldn't believe happened. It got dark real fast!
That ending left me the most shocked of all. It also left me a little sad. I'm extremely interested to see what happens next.
I really do love the Chew Comics. They are my favorite to read. They always make me laugh, and I am always entertained. I think I'm getting nearer to the end which makes me a little sad. I recommend Chew 1,000%. It's great!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
THAT ENDING!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment