Friday, June 1, 2018

Reading Right Now! (165)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Title: Royal Bastards (Royal Bastards #1)
Author: Andrew Shvarts

Sooo I requested the second book on Netgalley and got approved, but I have to read them in order obviously. I don't know what I was expecting from this book, but I'm having a lot of fun reading it. There's something about having Bastards in the title that just calls to me haha.
So our main character Tilla is a Bastard. What does that mean? She was born out of wedlock to a powerful man and a common woman. As a Bastard, Tilla gets to live in the royal castle, but she must be kept separate from her father's legitimate children. Tilla really craves her father's love and to be legitimized. 
Tilla's kingdom is in a tizzy because the Princess of Lightspire, who rules over all the kingdoms, is coming to visit. On the very important feast day, this very important princess chooses to sit at the Bastard Table *gasp*! Think of it like the kids table at Thanksgiving, it's not exactly the most hopping place to be. As Tilla tries to entertain the princess shocking things happen that lead to more shocking things. I'm being vague, but it's more fun not exactly knowing what you're getting into.
I'm really enjoying this more than I thought I was going to. So far, it's been really fun, really exciting, and it has a great sense of humor to it. In a way, it's reminding me a little of one of my favorite middle grade series The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy. It's got a little bit of that lighthearted humor to it. I am going to finish this and try to jump into the sequel. I probably won't be able to finish it before the release date, but I'll try.



Title: City of Bastards (Royal Bastards #2)
By: Andrew Shvarts
RELEASE DATE: JUNE 5, 2018!!!
If the first book is any indication, I think I'm going to enjoy this a lot. Thank you to Netgalley and Disney-Hyperion for providing me with a review copy. I'm gonna have fun with this.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! and planning to read next. What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment