Friday, June 15, 2018

Reading Right Now! (167)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Title: City of Bastards (Royal Bastards #2)
Author: Andrew Shvarts
Provided with a free review copy from Disney-Hyperion through Netgalley

I was lucky enough to get an arc of this through Netgalley. Thank you Disney-Hyperion!! Sadly, I did not read it before it was released. Good news for you, it's out now! But I'm a baaaad reviewer.
Anyway, I read and reviewed the first book Royal Bastards not that long ago and I really liked it. I was excited to see what would happen in the sequel. I wondered what it would feel like, because the first book is very much a band of misfits, journey book. In this sequel, the dynamic of the group has changed and they've reached their destination.
I'm so so close to being done with this sequel, so I can give you my thoughts at the moment. I think I enjoyed the first book a little bit more, but this one is still really good. It's different from the first book and I miss some of those differences. It's still funny and I like seeing things from Tilla's POV. There's also some shocks, twists and turns. 
As of right now, I think this is a pretty good sequel and it's definitely a series I enjoy. My full review will be up when I finish the book, which should be soon.

My Plans For What To Read Next
idk...
But Maybe These:

 

Widows (Dolly Rawlins #1) by Lynda La Plante -- I really need to read this one because I won it from the BookishFirst website annnd if I want to win more then I need to review what I've already won, if that makes sense. This is also going to be a movie, so that makes me more interested. I think it's about a group of women and their husbands have died in a crime gone wrong. They think their husbands' were double crossed, so they decide to carry out the crime for themselves and get revenge.

Weave a Circle Round by Kar Marren -- I got an arc of this one through Netgalley too from Tor. Again, I did an awful job of reading it before it got released. There's just something about me and ebooks, I'd rather go for a physical book first. So, I checked out a physical book from the library and am excited to read it. I think this is about weird neighbors who move next door and mystery!

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! and plan on reading next. What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment