Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Review: Invictus by Ryan Graudin


Title: Invictus
Author: Ryan Graudin
Published by: Little, Brown and Company
Released: September 2017
Source: Review Copy from Netgalley and Publisher

Summary: Farway Gaius McCarthy lives in a world where time travel is routine. There are rules, not just anyone can travel. Farway's mother was a famous time traveler, but then she got lost in time. Farway is determined to follow in her footsteps by becoming a time traveler, and maybe even one day finding out what happened to her.
His dreams come crashing down when he flunks his final Corps exam. Farway is approached by a mysterious man offering a time traveling ship in exchange for stealing histories treasures right before they are destroyed.
Far becomes Captain of the Invictus. He and his crew travel through time, swiping famous historical artifacts. On a trip to the Titanic to take a very valuable book, a mysterious girl gets in Far's way. She sneaks on his ship, demands to join the crew, but who is she and what does she want?
So begins an adventure the crew of the Invictus never expected, with questions, danger, and changing everything they thought they knew.
My Thoughts: Thank you Netgalley and Little, Brown and Company for providing me with with an e-arc of Invictus for honest review.
I LOVED THIS! From the first page, I knew I was getting something good. I loved the concept. I loved the Crew. I loved the adventure. I loved all of it! It was a story that took me on a crazy ride and I was sad when it ended. I really got sucked in to Ryan Graudin's writing. I'm definitely going to read more by her.
Invictus reminded me of Firefly, which is a show that I looove. It had that fun aspect of a crew who are like family, going on different adventures. It also reminded me of another popular book that came out a couple of years ago, but if I told you what it was, it would spoil the surprise. I won't spoil that surprise for you.
I really enjoyed the premise of this. Time traveling thieves stealing precious historical treasures before they are lost or destroyed is just everything I want to read. It's such a fun premise. I wish there had been a couple more time traveling heists, because I enjoyed the ones that were included, I just wanted more of it.
This is also a standalone book, as far as I know. Part of me selfishly wishes there would be more books in this series, but I know how rare it is to get a good standalone YA.
I just enjoyed every minute of this. I think it would make a great movie. It had action, adventure, excitement, and I loved every minute of it. I'd definitely recommend. Go read it and let me know what you think.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
Read It Now! I love it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment