Friday, October 19, 2018

Reading Right Now! (180)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...
Technically my second read for #Spookathon which is going exactly as I thought it would go, in that I'm not zooming through all the books! I don't know how people do it. I'm not a super reader *wahh*
Anyway...


-- The Possessions by Sara Flannery Murphy -- I'm using this one as my spooky word in the title. I figure Possessions can bring to mind demon possessions, and since this book is about letting the dead inhabit a person's body for a short time, I think it works.
This book is okay so far. It's definitely not a fast read kind of book. The main character is kind of hard to get a read on. She's very reserved, she doesn't have a lot of spark or spunk.
The world is kind of interesting, but I wish the reader could actually see one of these sessions all the way through. How does it work? What happens after Edie takes the pill and loses consciousness? What is talking to a dead relative through another's body actually like?
Annnd some of the decisions Edie is making, the obsession she's currently dealing with just doesn't seem smart.
So I'm liking this book so far, but it's kind of weird too.

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment