Friday, August 23, 2019

Reading Right Now! (220)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

Lock Every Door by Riley Sager -- I am over halfway through this book, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm hooked. I will say though, it hasn't scared me. I was kind of hoping for a haunted building kind of vibe, but it's not really giving me that so far. It's very fast-paced, very addictive, and I like it.

The Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennett -- This is a review copy provided to me by the publisher through Netgalley. I thought, maybe, I should be a good person and actually read my review books. I'm glad I picked this one from the virtual pile.
Looking at the cover, I was kind of thinking it would be a fantasy, but it's not. The synopsis even kind of tells you it's not, but the cover does make it look like one, at least to me.
This is a historical action adventure novel set in 1937. Theodora is the daughter of a treasure hunter. He hunts the treasure, she's confined to a hotel. Her father is in search of the Vlad "Dracula" magic bone ring, and other people are after it too. When her father goes missing, Theodora and an it's-complicated-friend-boy named Huck must travel through Europe to find him and maybe save him.
I'm really enjoying this. It's fun. If I was going to nitpick, I would say that it doesn't really scream historical fiction to me. They take a lot of trains and that mode of transportation can be historical, but nothing else really stands out as being 1937. It could just be that I'm bad at history and know nothing about 1937, but Theodora and Huck mostly act like pretty modern day people.
I believe this comes out September 3, 2019. I'm definitely excited to read more of it. I love the world traveling adventure of it, I love the Vlad "Dracula" subject matter. It's a lot of fun.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Again, sorry I've been trash at posting and keeping the blog updated. I don't know what my problem is. What are you Reading Right Now!?

No comments:

Post a Comment