Friday, November 15, 2019

Reading Right Now! (232)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees and I'm not liking it at all. There are many questions that probably pop into your head now. Number one probably being why are you still reading it if you don't like it? Well, I don't DNF books. I feel like, once I've started reading a book, I'm gonna finish it. I've also already invested time in it and it feels kind of wasted if I don't finish it. And lastly, I want to give the book every chance it can to change my mind, impress me, so I'm going to read to the end and see how it all turns out.
And I don't want to be mean to this book. It's a debut. It's got a really pretty, eye-catching cover, it's also a stand-alone. The synopsis intrigued me when I read it, it was mysterious. I just can't stand the writing of this book. It's one of those books that tries too hard to impress, to have beautiful, lyrical writing. It tries sooo hard with the style that the story suffers. To me, it just feels very bloated with similes, metaphors, alliteration. The similes are so desperate, so obvious, and so aggravating. It annoys me. It makes it so I can't fall into the story because I'm always pulled out by these far reaching descriptions.
It's not the book for me. I'm getting closer to finishing it. I believe in myself.

Bring Me Their Hearts (#1) by Sara Wolf I'm really excited to start this one. I was sent an arc of the second book from Entangled Teen for honest review about a month ago (thank you, thank you!!) and I wanted to read this one even before that. I don't exactly know what it's about. I've read the synopsis, but I've kind of forgot. I'm pretty sure it's fantasy. I don't know, I've had my eye on it for awhile and just want to read it.

I'm also trying that thing where I try to read multiple books at once, or have multiple books going at once. And my multiple, I mean two, because that's all I can handle.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment