Friday, October 1, 2021

Reading Right Now! (313)

 So, what I'm Reading Right Now! is (still)...


Caliban's War (The Expanse #2) by James S.A. Corey -- Yes, I'm still reading this chonker, but I'm not far off from the end. I'm really enjoying it. I had no trouble jumping right back into the world. Crazy stuff is happening in space, and our Crew all the time. I do appreciate how this one has a little more downtime in it. It's not as breakneck as the first one was, which I kind of like, because the first one was a bit exhausting.
We have some new characters in this one. I don't know if there are any real standouts, but they are interesting to follow. Prax is a scientist whose daughter has been kidnapped. Bobbie is a Martian Marine who has just watched her whole team get slaughtered by something. Avarasala is a politician who is playing the game. And then we still have Holden and Crew. This also takes place one year after the events of the first book.
I still haven't watched the show, but I really do want to.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! I'm not sure which book I want to pick up next. I haven't played my Deck of TBR Game yet, but I suck at sticking to that anyway. Maybe I'll pick up a reasonable size book because I need a little break from the big books. What are you Reading Right Now?

No comments:

Post a Comment