Friday, October 8, 2021

Reading Right Now! (314)

 I feel like the reading has been pretty good this week. I've finished one book and started on another.
What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Murder Lo Mein (A Noodle Shop Mystery #3) by Vivien Chien -- This is a cozy murder mystery series that follows Lana Lee. She works at her family's Chinese Restaurant located in a place called Asia Village. Asia Village has had a lot of tragedy lately (MURDERS!) and Lana Lee has gotten into the habit of trying to solve these crimes.
This is Book #3 in the series and I really enjoy them. They are fun. I like Lana, I like her family and friends, I'm a little invested into her are they/aren't they relationship with Detective Trudeau. They are a good time.

And I finished a book this week, so I thought I'd mention it.


The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix -- This book was chaotic, crazy, a little unnerving, and a wild ride. This is my third Grady Hendrix book and I do enjoy them. This one had the feel of his previous book, We Sold Our Souls, at least to me. It started out full throttle in the first couple chapters. My criticism was that I couldn't really keep all the characters straight, the Final Girls. I would have to think for a minute about who was who. And I also wish that their backstories, the terrible crimes, had been covered in the beginning. I know that they are based off of classic horror movies characters, but I'm not that knowledgeable about every movie. 
A very fun book though. It definitely had me hooked and racing towards the end. I've got two more Grady Hendrix fiction books on my pile, and I'm excited for them.

And that's my little wrap up and what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment