Friday, October 15, 2021

Reading Right Now! (315)

 Well, well, well, the end of the week already. That's a good thing. So, what I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Persephone Station by Stina Leicht -- This was 95% a cover read, 5% because it was sci-fi. Just look at the cover, it is very pretty. Umm... the story inside is not impressing me all the way. I'm over 300 pages into it, and I find myself confused some of the time. It's a very surface level story. Here's a planet, it's full of resources that an evil company wants. Here's a crew of mercenaries with a ship, they do some mercenary stuff, and suddenly they are hired to protect the native, hidden species of the land from the evil corporation. I'm just not finding myself immersed in the story. I feel like the world building and character development are not all the way there.
I've read much better space operas'. It's probably not fair, but I can't help but compare it to the space opera series I'm making my way through, The Expanse. The Expanse has been so good so far, and Persephone Station is just not hitting that bar. It's a cool idea, but it needs more development. I need more then just surface level and confusion.
The cover is really cool though.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment