Friday, September 28, 2012

Reading Right Now! Gone by Michael Grant

Gone (Gone, #1)
Title: Gone
Author: Michael Grant
According to the mathematics genius that is Goodreads, I'm 27% done with this book. I'm on page 153 out of 558 pages. It's a beast.
So I finally decided to jump on the Gone series bandwagon and I'm glad I did. For those that don't know, the story is about a group of kids fighting to survive in Perdido Beach, California after all those 15 and over have simply disappeared. There's no adults, no phone or internet, and a big dome like barrier separating their town from everywhere else. Some kids also have super abilities.
I'm really liking this book so far. It kind of has the same feeling as the classic book Lord of the Flies with some other crazy elements added in. I'm on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what's happening and how these kids are going to survive. The book has a very chaotic and dangerous feel towards it. 
I'm really liking it so far. Can't wait to finish and continue on with the rest of the series. I recommend it to other readers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment