Monday, September 10, 2012

Review of: Angel Burn By L.A. Weatherly

Angel Burn (Angel, #1)
Title: Angle Burn
Author: L.A. Weatherly
Published by: Candlewick Press
Released: 2011
Summary: Alex has hunted angels all his life. He is part of a group called the A.K. (Angel Killers) who hunt the predatory creatures. Alex knows Angels are portrayed in the wrong light. Instead of being good and heavenly, angels are only interested in feeding off a human's life force leaving them with a bad case of Angel Burn. Too much communion with the angels can cause irreparable effects like cancer, M.S., or severe brain damage. So when Alex gets a text to kill one of these dangerous beings, he races to the address only to find a mysterious girl. Willow is half angel and she could be the key to destroying the angels once and for all, thus saving humanity.
My Thoughts: Loved it! This book was awesome. Very fast paced, lots of action, and a steamy little love story. I really loved how the angels are portrayed. The author had a very original and exciting idea to showcase evil angels. I thought the whole idea was very well thought out and written. The Church of Angels cult and the danger of fanatics protecting the angels that really were hurting them was just crazy and smart enough to be believable.
I really enjoyed the characters of Willow (great name) and Alex. I liked how Willow was an expert mechanic and how Alex was a really good, dangerous, and sexy assassin. I liked how the two of them came together and came to care about each other, although the cabin part of the story could have been shorter because it got a little on the mushy side.
I just really enjoyed this book and can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. I also loved the beautiful cover.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
I need to practice my angel-evading strategies. Evil Angels and Great Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment