Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September Favorites!

Another month has bit the dust, so that means it's that time again to look back on the books I read and pick my favorites of the bunch. I read 6 books in September, which is decent, but I did not meet my goal. All the books I read were highly enjoyable and got high marks. So lets get into it.
Dust and Decay (Benny Imura, #2)
Title: Dust & Decay
Author: Jonathan Maberry
This is the sequel to Rot & Ruin and OH MY GOODNESS. This book surpassed the first. It had exactly what I wanted in a zombie book. Lots of zombie killing and mayhem, plenty of action, and danger all around. Can't wait to see what happens next in the third book Flesh & Bone. That ending was just crazy and very sad. I almost shed a tear, which is rare for me.
Starters (Starters and Enders, #1)
Title: Starters
Author: Lissa Price
Such a cool little book that I really enjoyed. It has an awesomely unsettling cover and a very gripping story. It played through my mind like an action movie. I loved the science fiction elements to it and the main character of Callie. Overall, just an awesome read that I definitely recommend.
Gone (Gone, #1)
Title: Gone
Author: Michael Grant
Pure amazingness. This book offered up so much more than I expected. It's a very intense, edge of your seat read. The mystery surrounding the disappearance of the grown ups is just beginning. The violence of kids against kids and the play for power is chilling. Just a very good book and a fantastic start to a series that I will eagerly continue.

That's it for my September Favorites. Now on to October. AWAY (Did any of you get that mermaidman reference ;D)

No comments:

Post a Comment