Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review of: The Girl With the Iron Touch by Kady Cross

The Girl with the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles, #3)
Title: The Girl With the Iron Touch
Author: Kady Cross
Published by: Harlequin TEEN
Released: May 28, 2013
Summary: After last month's adventure in New York, the residents of King House have returned to London where it doesn't take long for things to unravel again. After the loss of Mei, Jasper has come to live with the rest of the gang, but he's not the same Jasper that he was before. Griffin is also changed from the New York trip, he spends much of his time alone and is secretive and dismissive to the rest of the group. If he needs help, he's sure not asking for it. 
The team must band together when Emily is kidnapped from King House. Emily's disappearance sparks a frenzy within the house, and with no ransom note or clues to who took her, the team must band together and find her before it's too late. Could it be that an old enemy is pulling the strings or has someone new come to play. A solid, third book in Kady Cross's fun and fantastical Steampunk Chronicles.
My Thoughts: I just want to thank Netgalley and Harlequin TEEN for giving me a chance to read and review an early e-arc. I find this whole series highly enjoyable, and The Girl With the Iron Touch is no different. This is a solid addition to the Steampunk Chronicles. There is action, intrigue, danger, and romance. My favorite part about this series is the lovely and cool cast of characters that reside in it. I love this little band of heroes with powers individual to each of them.
I was surprised by Emily, who has always been described as the weakest character physically. Emily did a great job of defending herself and taking her destiny into her own hands.
I also enjoyed the new characters we were introduced to and the return of Wildcat made me so happy. Wildcat's is a story that I would love to hear. Jack Dandy is back too!!! I missed him in the Clockwork Collar and was so happy to have him return in this newest novel. He has to be one of my favorite characters of the series.
My only issues with the story were how Jasper wasn't really a part of it. Something was going on with Jasper and I really wanted to know what it was. The other issue was the inclusion of all this romantic tension between Griffin and Finley. It just seemed sort of wrong place, wrong time for me. They should have had their whole focus on finding and rescuing Emily instead of staring into one another's eyes and kissing. It's not that I'm against Griffin and Finley's relationship, I just don't think this was the time or place to go that deep into it. And also, for taking place in the Victorian time, they sure don't have the Victorian sensibilities or society customs.
The Girl With the Iron Touch is a great addition to Kady Cross's Steampunk Chronicles. It has all the aspects that make a Kady Cross book fun and enjoyable to read. It was another great adventure for the gang and I can't wait to see what happens next. 
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Another great adventure. Yayy for Jack Dandy, I missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment