Thursday, May 9, 2013

Review of: Gone by Michael Grant

Gone (Gone, #1)
Title: Gone
Author: Michael Grant
Published by: HarperTeen
Released: 2008
Summary: What starts out as a normal day at school in Perdido Beach ends with everyone aged 15 and up gone. They've all simply disappeared. There are no parents, teachers, doctors, police, or older teenagers. Kids are left at the mercy of the elements and each other to survive. There is a barrier encompassing Perdido Beach that extends all the way up and down that can't be crossed, and some kids are also developing special abilities, while some animals are mutating and becoming more dangerous. It's a fight for survival and for power as the kids try to figure out just what really is going on.
My Thoughts: I'm a little speechless right now. Wow, I wasn't expecting what this book delivered. It does remind one of the classic novel Lord of the Flies, but on a much more epic scale. There is so much danger, action, and mystery in this book. These kids are living in a very violent world where power is up for grabs. I'm glad I joined the Gone series bandwagon. This first book was so awesome and intense that I must find out what happens next!
I think what surprised me the most about this book was the violence. I didn't expect the death and horrific injuries these kids had to endure. The power play was interesting too. How Caine and his cronies lusted after power and didn't care who they had to hurt to get it. Obviously, I'm rooting for Sam and his friends.
The only way to describe this book is intense. I really liked it and I highly recommend it to other readers who love a good action/apocalyptic novel.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
Dangerous, Intense, and Addicting. Must keep reading to find out what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment