Friday, October 10, 2014

Review: Plagued The Midamerica Zombie Half-Breed Experiment by Better Hero Army

Title: Plagued: The Midamerica Zombie Half-Breed Experiment
Author: Better Hero Army
Published by: Better Hero Army
Released: July 6, 2013
Summary: Tom has lived in guilt ever since that fateful night when the zombies rose. His sister was only out of his sight for mere seconds, but that was long enough for Larissa to get bit and be lost to the zombie curse. He and his older brother have been tasked with returning to the zombie states year after year to find their sister and get her home.
While on Biter's Hill, Tom comes in to contact with a half-breed. She's not fully zombie, but not fully human either. She fascinates Tom. When Biter's Hill gets overrun by zombies, Tom and his brother are separated. Tom must try to survive until help can arrive.
My Thoughts: I received this book to review from Better Hero Army and I want to thank them for the opportunity to read it. I love a good zombie tale, and this one was pretty darn good. It had an interesting world set up that I enjoyed reading. Some territory had been abandoned to the zombies and it was this territory that our two brothers ended up venturing to. Zombies can be made non-contagious in this world and are captured and bought and sold as slave labor. There are also half-breeds in this world, which are neither human or zombie. Just some really interesting kind of nuances to add to the genre.
I really enjoyed the struggle for survival and trip to Midamerica. I enjoyed most of the characters in the book too. Not all of them were developed as much as they could have been, but I kinda liked Peske. Tom as a main character was all right, sometimes he just felt kind of flat to me.
All in all, a quick and enjoyable zombie yarn. I'm so excited I got the chance to read and review it. If you love anything and everything zombie, then go pick this one up. It has enough action, suspense, and intrigue to keep reading until the last page.
**Look out for my review on Book 2 in the series in the near future**
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
Zombie-licious


No comments:

Post a Comment