Monday, March 16, 2015

Review: Death Note Volume 4: Love by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata

Title: Death Note Volume 4: Love
Story by: Tsugumi Ohba
Art by: Takeshi Obata
Published by: VIZ Media, LLC
Released originally: 2003
Summary: Another exciting episode in the Light vs. L saga. With the appearance of a second Kira, both Light and L are scrambling. Light needs to find this new Kira and figure out a way to control him. L figures it's only a matter of time before the two Kiras meet and somebody slips up. L's suspicion of Light as Kira is on red alert, but he's got nothing concrete to go on. Will Light be able to get out of this one? And who is the second Kira who is giving Light such a headache? The game of wits continues in this fourth, fun installment.
My Thoughts: Another great addition to the Death Note series. I really had fun reading this one and was intrigued to see how it would all play out. There was a lot of humor in this one too, which I really enjoyed. Even more surprising is that Light managed to make it through a whole book without killing anyone!
The battle of wits between Light and L is just very fun to watch, and I feel like a relationship is slowly forming, one of dangerous respect maybe? I don't really want Light to kill L, although I guess I'm okay with L capturing Light. Just seeing them battle it out with their minds and always be one step ahead of each other is fun to watch.
This second Kira business is really interesting too. This mystery person brings a lot of humor to the book.
My favorite parts were all the humorous scenes included. It was just nice and funny having to see Light sweat it out and worry that his cover was going to be blown.
A great installment to the Death Note series. I highly enjoyed it and plan on getting the rest of the books. I can't wait to see how it continues and eventually ends.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment