Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books You'd Save in a Fire

This Top 5 Wednesday is all about the Books I'd Save in a Fire. This topic is kind of hard. In a perfect world, I would want to save all my books. I'd want an ever expanding bag like Hermione had in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows so I could save all my books. Actually, that bag would come in pretty hand for my book storage problem. I could buy as many books as I wanted and store them in that bag without running out of space. That would be awesome. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I would want to save ALL my books!! I kind of ended up cheating in the end and picked whole series that I would want to save, but I don't feel guilty. Most of my favorite books are part of series and they are all special to me and would need to be saved in the group form. I couldn't just save the first book and forget about the rest. So here's the books and series that I would try and save if disaster struck.


The whole Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: Yes I would have to save the whole series on this one because how could I not save all the books? I'd have too. I think I would try to save the hardback copies first just because it took me awhile to get all the books in hardcover and I feel like I could buy the paperbacks again. Although I would love to save both sets. My reasons for saving Harry Potter should be fairly obvious. I love the series. It's one I plan on reading over and over again. Also I think Harry Potter is destined to become a classic series and I want to keep the series forever. I can't not save Harry Potter.


The whole Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer: This is another whole series saver. I feel no shame in saying I love these books and plan on rereading them whenever the fancy strikes. This series really started my love for YA literature as well as paranormal romance. I mean, I've always loved reading, but after reading Twilight, I really started reading more YA books. And Edward was my first book boy crush. It's just good memories with this series and I would need to save it.


The Host by Stephenie Meyer: I really enjoyed this book when I read it and plan on rereading it again so I would want to save it.


The Gone Series by Michael Grant: Yes another whole series because I love it!! Seriously this series is one of my favorites and I would want to save them so I could share my love for them with future readers. And of course keep them in my personal collection.


Vicious by V.E. Schwab: I actually don't own this book in physical format yet, but I plan to. And if there was a fire and I owned it, I would save it. I love this book. It is awesome and I would want to not only have it in my collection, but would also like to introduce other readers to it.

So those are the Top 5 Books I Would Save in a Fire. What books would you save? Would you cheat and include whole series too? If you want to join in the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. It's a fun post to include on your blog or booktube schedule and the topics are always really fun to consider. Go check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers through this link.





No comments:

Post a Comment