Saturday, April 4, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#26)

 

Title: Sweet Reckoning By: Wendy Higgins
(Sweet Evil #3) Page 86 -- 23%
Title: The 100 By: Kass Morgan
(The 100 #1) Page 116 -- 36%

So this Reading Right Now! has the same flavor as the last Reading Right Now! in the fact that one of the books I'm reading is the same and the other is a continuation of the series I was reading last week. Still reading The 100 and still enjoying it. I'm reading it with my friend Ke-sha, and we're both kind of taking it slow and reading other things in-between. She's okay with that and I'm okay with that. Makes it a little less pressure. I'm a big fan of the show and while this isn't the show, I feel like it's giving me some of what I love to tide me over until the show comes back, if that even makes sense. Yes the book and show are different, and I'm a rabid fan of the show and probably only just a fan of the book. I think what's cool though, are the book and show are different so I'm kind of getting two different things. I don't understand why they put Finn on this cover though, considering he's not even a part of this book. I think that is what I might be missing most in the book, the characters that don't exist in it. I'm really missing Monty, Jasper, Raven, Lincoln (I don't know if he does pop up in this one or not), and even John Murphy. It's also weird seeing Wells hang around for as long as he has considering he died pretty early in the show. Yeah, so differences, but I'm enjoying the book for what it is. And I think that's how you have to go into this book, expecting something different from the CW TV show and being okay with that.
As for my other Reading Right Now! this week, Sweet Reckoning, it's going pretty well so far. I'm glad I decided to read them kind of back to back, because Sweet Reckoning picks up right where Sweet Peril left off. There was no time passing between these books like there was from the 1st to the 2nd. I guess it always surprises me just how much time passes in these books. In the second book a whole year passed, which kind of just blew my mind because I wasn't expecting it. It's just odd to think that in the first book Anna was 16 years old and now in the last book she's 18. I might just be weird on that thought process. So yeah, Sweet Reckoning is really good so far. Really enjoyable, really fun, just like the previous two books have been. Can't wait to see how it all ends, and then I'll probably end up picking up that prequel book, whenever it comes out. This is definitely a series that I would recommend to people searching for an enjoyable thing to read.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment