Monday, April 27, 2015

Review: Sweet Reckoning (Sweet Evil #3) by Wendy Higgins

Title: Sweet Reckoning (Sweet Evil #3)
Author: Wendy Higgins
Published by: HarperTeen
Released: 2014
Summary: Everything is at stake in this thrilling conclusion to the Sweet Evil Trilogy. Anna and her Nephilim allies are ready for an epic showdown with the Dukes. The fate of the world and their own futures rest in their demonic hands. What must Anna sacrifice to fulfill the prophecy and is a happy future with Kaidan in the stars? Anna must rely on her faith and friends to overcome the evil walking on Earth.
My Thoughts: What a satisfying ending to this series. I have no real complaints. This whole series has just been so fun and addictive to read. Wendy Higgins' writing style has me hooked. I'm happy with how everything turned out in the end. I can now count this as one series completed in 2015. I know technically there's a prequel coming out later this year, but I completed my journey with this original trilogy. I'm still gonna read the prequel though.
The romance in this third book between Kaidan and Anna was especially steamy! I was surprised with how steamy it was given it's YA. So I would maybe not suggest this for the younger YA readers. I also wouldn't suggest this for readers that love constant action, because that's not what they are really gonna get in Sweet Reckoning. Not that the story isn't enjoyable, but the majority of it involves a lot of traveling and waiting. When the end came, it came quick. I was questioning what Anna's overall plan was. She didn't really seem to have one, which really made me question how she was going to defeat the demons. Her overall strategy was just to wing it, and it worked, but I did worry for her. She was fighting demons from Hell after all.
I was so happy to get that epilogue at the end of it. I love seeing where characters are in the future and if their endings are still just as happy once the battle is over. Kaidan and Anna are so cute together. 
Another thing I appreciated that I really don't see all the time in YA was the importance of faith and how that good vs. evil aspect played into the story. It was just refreshing and I appreciated it. Also the story doesn't preach at you. Anna and the other Nephilim had to overcome their temptations and live the right way instead of the carefree, fun way.
All in all, I really enjoy this series and I was glad and satisfied with its conclusion. I wish Anna and Kaidan a happily ever after for years to come.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Sweet Conclusion to a Sweet Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment