Friday, August 19, 2016

Reading Right Now! (79)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy #1) by Rae Carson- I am really enjoying this one. I've got about 120ish pages left. It's about a girl who has the magical ability to sense gold. When gold is near, she is able to follow its siren song like a compass and grab it up. Her family has hid this ability from the outside world, because it can be a dangerous one to advertise. It's set in 1849, right when the California Gold Rush starts. When tragedy befalls her family, Leah disguises herself as a boy and makes her way to California.
This book really reminds me of my childhood, reading The Little House on the Prairie books. It's historical fiction, and I'm a fan of historical fiction. The time period of wagon trains, the gold rush, and just pioneering is interesting to me. I'm liking this, a lot.

What I plan on reading next. I have a couple choices.

 

- Arata: Volume 2 by Yuu Watase - Yayy Manga!!! Yuu Watase is one of my favorites for manga. I read the first volume a couple weeks ago, and it was alright. I don't know if it's going to be my favorite series by her. But I have the Second Volume, so I'm gonna read it. The synopsis is too convoluted for me to try to explain, so I'd say google it. Plus, I'm lazy.
-Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland - I think this one is about Furies, which should be interesting. I stumbled across this book on goodreads, I think it recommended it because of something else I was reading. I looked to see if my library had it, they did, and end of story. Just another great reason to use your local library system. If it's free to read, you can test out all kinds of different books that you wouldn't necessarily buy. Not that I wouldn't have bought this book, but free is always my first choice when it comes to reading. Can't wait to see how it is.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment