Friday, December 16, 2016

Reading Right Now! (94)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook-- The main reason I picked this up was because I read With Malice by Eileen Cook earlier this year, and really liked it, so I decided to see what else she'd written. Turns out, she's written a lot of contemporary books with issues, which I'm game for. Issue books might not be the main thing that calls to me on the shelf, but I like to think of myself as a reader who will read almost anything (unless you force me to read something, then I won't want to read it). So this book deals with adoption and suicide. Our main character Avery has grown apart from her friend Nora. The thing that brought them together was the fact that they were both adopted. Avery is shocked when Nora takes her own life and it kind of sends her on a journey she hadn't contemplated before.
I think the adoption angle will be really interesting to read about. I would imagine that there is always that big question of where did I come from and why did they give me up. The suicide angle is more sad. Suicide is just such a tragic and difficult thing to wrap your head around. So I'm interested to see how the book tackles all that stuff.
I'm about 50+ pages in so far, and I'm enjoying it. I think I'll check out more of Eileen Cook's stuff.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment