Monday, December 12, 2016

Review: Flesh and Bone (Rot and Ruin #3) by Jonathan Maberry


Title: Flesh & Bone (Rot & Ruin #3)
Author: Jonathan Maberry
Published by: Simon & Schuster BFYR
Released: 2012
Source: Library

Summary: Another zombieriffic adventure for Nix, Benny, Lilah, and Chong. With the tragic ending that occurred in Dust & Decay, the gang are struggling to survive in the Rot & Ruin, and find the mysterious jet they saw in the sky. When Benny saves a little girl from zombies, the gang ends up getting split apart, and having to deal with the fanatical Night Church, run by Mother Rose and the scary Saint John. Benny, Nix, Lilah, and Chong have to evade the crazies, watch out for the zombies, and maybe find the rumored Sanctuary.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. The action started on the first page and never slowed down or took a break. Flesh & Bone is another terrific edition to the Rot & Ruin series.
I really love all the characters. Benny and Nix make a good pair, although Nix does have her problems. Lilah is awesome and her fighting skills are magnificent to view. Chong is the much needed sidekick and comic relief. If he dies, I would be so sad.
The introduction of the Night Church with Mother Rose and Saint John was creepy and terrifying. Their motivation and belief system were just so messed up and genuinely scary. Saint John is definitely a villain that should not be taken lightly.
That ending was tragic! I need the next book very soon, just so I can see what happens and see if my favorites survive.
The only thing that annoys me in this series is the thought process towards zombies. In my mind, zombies are not people. The greatest mercy that can be given to a zombie is by ending it. They have no feelings, no hopes, no dreams. They don't deserve the kindness Benny gives to them. I just think that a majority of the problems could have been solved if more zombies were taken out and not allowed to wander the Wasteland. Zombies are a threat, and will continue to be a threat until they are eliminated. So Benny, be a doll and just kill them, and refrain from saying sorry when you do. Some people might think me a monster for this opinion, but the way I see it, all the zombie is, is a shambling corpse, they are not your loved one anymore.
A great zombie series! I can't wait to find out what happens next, and I just ask Jonathan Maberry not to break my heart, and keep my little gang alive and well.
This book also fits into the Diverse Reads Category, if you are interested in that.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Zombies and Sweet Katana Skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment