Friday, December 30, 2016

Reading Right Now! (96)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--Lies I Told (Lies I Told #1) by Michelle Zink-- I have been reading very slowly this week. I think the holiday season really had an effect on my reading. It's not even that I've been super busy, it's just that I've been in a mood where I'll do something else rather than pick up a book.
This book is pretty interesting. It's about this family of grifters. Basically, they go to new places, scout out the wealthy, get close to them, and steal their money. They are con artists, liars, and they are always putting on an act to trick their marks. Our main character, Grace, was adopted into this family. She grew up in foster care, with some not so nice foster families, so she is very grateful to her adopted parents, so grateful that she is willing to participate in the crimes. She has an adopted brother too. This con is in the ultra rich community of Playa Hermosa. Her job is to get close to a boy named Logan, his father is the rich, rich mark.
I'm just kind of interested in this. The parents are just so wrong, because I'm pretty sure they only adopted these kids for use in their cons. Sometimes teenagers are more easily accepted than adults. 
As I said before, I've had kind of a weird reading week, so I've been reading this one kind of slow. I'm on page 120ish. I think if I wasn't in a weird mood, this would be a book I'd fly right through. It has very short chapters, and I do have a soft spot for books that involve criminals and criminal enterprises. It kind of reminds me a little teeny bit of Revenge (the TV show) and another TV show that I can't remember the name of. It's a show that has former con people that now help save people. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember what it's called, Oh well.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment