Monday, January 2, 2017

December 2016 Wrap-Up!

Here is what I read in December of 2016! I didn't do too bad for the end-of-the-year. I read 4 books and 5 comics and mangas. I did get stuck on one book at the end of December, and I just didn't manage to finish it, so that will be my first book read for 2017.

  
 
  


Books And Ratings

--Ensnared (Splintered #3) by A.G. Howard-- 2.8/5 -- Hooray! I'm finally done with this trilogy! I'm planning on reading the bind-up book of the novellas. I wasn't too impressed with this ending. I'm really not too impressed with this series. But, I finish what I start.

--And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich-- 4/5 -- What Did I Just Read??? This was so weird, but kind of good at the same time. I can't wait to read more by Dawn Kurtagich. I think she's going to be one of my favorite, scary, weird book authors. I kind of wasn't surprised by the ending, just because I've read endings like that before, but this was definitely a messed-up ride.

--Death Note, Volume 7: Zero by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata-- 3.5/5 -- I don't know how to feel about this installment in the series. Honestly, it made me a little sad. It's definitely changed up everything that's going to happen in the future.

--iZombie, Volume 2: uVampire by Michael Allred, Chris Roberson, and Gilbert Hernandez-- 4/5 -- This was fun! I liked it. The art style really reminds me of Scooby-Doo. Plan on continuing with this one.

--Arata The Legend, Volume 3 by Yuu Watase-- 4/5 -- This was alright. I really enjoy Yuu Watase. She's kind of like a comfort manga writer to me. Like, I automatically know that I'm going to like her stuff. I read her when I was younger, when I was first getting into manga, and I plan to continue reading stuff by her.

--Nailbiter, Volume 2: Bloody Hands by Joshua Williamson, Mike Henderson, Adam Guzowski, and John J. Hill-- 4/5 -- Super interesting and messed up. Lots of mystery. I can't wait to see where this is going.

--Rosario + Vampire, Volume 1 by Akihisa Ikeda-- 3.5/5 -- Ehhh didn't love it, didn't hate it. It's definitely more of a fan service manga. Lots of short skirts, big boobs. It had a very episodic feel to it too, so I don't know if it's a manga that you turn to for plot.

--Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook-- 3.3/5 -- I enjoyed this. I wanted to read more by Eileen Cook ever since I read her book With Malice. This book almost felt too short, like it needed a little bit more meat for the story to really achieve the emotional impact it was aiming for.

--Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch-- 4/5 -- Really liked this one! It was sooo cute. I'm going to have to read more by Jenna Evans Welch.

My What An Experience Book:


Favorite Read of the Month:


Number of Pages Read in December 2017:
2,267

GoodReads 2016 Reading Challenge Reached and Surpassed
Goal: 55 
Number of Books Read: 82


So that's how I did in December 2016. I'm ready for 2017. I've set my GoodReads 2017 Reading Challenge at 55 Books again, just because I feel like it's a little bit of a challenge, but it's also not full of stress where I don't think I'll be able to make it. How did you do reading wise in December?

No comments:

Post a Comment