Friday, September 7, 2018

Reading Right Now! (175)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn -- I decided to go for something spooky this week. Must be that feeling of fall coming that is making me crave all things spooky. I've never read anything by Ania Ahlborn before, buuuut I think I see more books by her in my future.
Within These Walls is about a struggling crime writer who needs a successful book because his life is falling apart. His dreams seem to be answered when he gets a letter from Lambert Prison. The notorious Jeff Halcomb wants to be the subject of his next book. Halcomb was involved in the killing of a senator's daughter and baby, while the rest of his followers took their own lives. He's never given an interview before, never said anything about the crime. But this interview comes with conditions for the writer, he must move into the house where the crime occurred. Seems like a small price to pay for such an amazing opportunity right?
I'm really enjoying this. It's a slow build up scare kind of book. It's definitely creepy. I'm very intrigued. I like the writing. 
I'm about halfway through and hope to read more of it, maybe even finish it this weekend.

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment