Thursday, September 13, 2018

Review: Saga, Volume 8 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples


Title: Saga, Volume 8
Written by: Brian K. Vaughan
Art by: Fiona Staples
Lettering and Design by: Fonografiks
Coordinator: Eric Stephenson
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: December 2017
Source: Library

Summary: After the traumatic events of the War for Phang, Hazel, her parents, and their surviving companions embark on a life-changing adventure at the westernmost edge of the universe.

CollectingSaga 43-48. ( Synopsis From Goodreads )

My Thoughts: There is no comic series more hyped, more talked about then Saga.
I was really excited to get my hands on the newest volume because I do like the series, but I think it's getting a little stale for me. I'm not feeling the hype for it like I used to. It just kind of meanders along for me and I wonder what the overall point of it is. What's the plot? Where's it going? How long is it going to take to get there? I don't hate it, but I'm just feeling kind of meh about it at the moment. It's almost seeming like just a money ploy. Each Volume has the tiniest snippet of a story and always ends in a to-be-continued. And I know you might be thinking, Well, that's what a comic is Ashley, but I'm just over it at the moment. I want to feel like I'm actually going somewhere in the story, that I'll eventually reach the end. That's just my honest opinion.
I really enjoy the artwork and color. That never changes from volume to volume.
I like how this Volume had an Old West vibe, that was fun.
I don't appreciate the weirdness that always pops up, the inappropriateness. It's NSFW to read for sure. I'd enjoy it more without those little shocks thrown in. I could also do without all the political correctness thrown in too. It's never subtle. I just want to read a story.
Sooo I like Saga, but I just don't think I'm as in love with it as I used to be. It's dragging on and on and on, and I want to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Also, I've heard that after Volume 9, the creators are taking a hiatus. Interesting... very interesting. I hope Volume 9 doesn't end on a mean cliff-hanger.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
I'm not feeling the love for it like I used to tbh

No comments:

Post a Comment