Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I Have Bookish Problems: Spoiling Myself

Hello, I'm Ashley and I have a Bookish Problem. I keep SPOILING myself while I'm reading. This is a very specific instance of SPOILING that I do. I won't deny that I do get SPOILED on the internet all the time, but sometimes I can't help that.
The kind of SPOILING I do to myself is when I take a book I'm currently reading, I flip to the back pages and read like the last paragraph or the last page. I don't really understand why I do this to myself, but I continue to do it. And I don't do it because I'm not liking or enjoying a book, sometimes I'm so curious as to how the story will end that I don't even want to wait to see, if that makes sense. I know I shouldn't do it, I know I should get to the end by reading ALL the pages, but my hand involuntarily starts flipping and suddenly I'm reading the last paragraph.
I really started thinking about this Bookish Problem of mine while I was reading my current read. Watching You by Lisa Jewell.


This is a thriller and thrillers are notorious for throwing you a curveball at the end that you weren't expecting. So Why Oh Why would I turn to the end pages? In my head, I guess it was because I wanted to see if a main character had a good ending with her life. So I accidentally on purpose, because of stupidity SPOILED myself. So I found out who the villain was waaaay before I was supposed to or wanted to. I genuinely did want to be surprised my the twists and reveals, and then I go and SPOIL myself for no reason. I don't understand me.
I thought it would make an interesting post to explain and share my Bookish Problems. To see if anyone else has similar Bookish Problems. Can you relate to me?
I don't think I'll ever be able to fully stop myself from flipping to the end before I'm finished with the book. I mean, I guess it would be harder to do with ebooks, but print books are my faves. Does anyone else do this? Am I alone?
So thank you for listening to my sad, sad tale. If I think of more Bookish Problems I have, I'll be sure to share with another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment