Monday, June 3, 2019

May 2019 Wrap-Up!

I am so inconsistent when it comes to doing monthly wrap-ups and I don't know why. Well, I guess I do know why, and it's because I suffer from laziness. Anyway, I thought I would do my May 2019 Wrap-Up. I didn't do awful this month reading wise. I read six things, which is decent. I tried to read more than one book at once, which I'm still not sure how I feel about doing. It didn't make me read faster. I didn't finish a book a day like BAM BAM BAM! I will just have to accept that I'm a medium fast reader and be okay with it. I might try again. Who knows. 
Now for the books I finished in May!

  
  


After the Fire by Will Hill -- This was an interesting story about a religious cult. I appreciated that it didn't go on an attack on religion, but rather showcased how power hungry, evil people can twist religion for their own purposes. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.7/5
All Systems Red (Murderbot Diaries #1) by Martha Wells -- There was a lot of hype for this book and I'm happy to say, it lived up to it. It's about an anti-social security robot, who has hacked its government module so it's able to think for itself, and loves to binge watch TV. I wish it had been longer, it's only a novella. I'm definitely going to continue with this series. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.3/5
Friend Request by Laura Marshall -- I got this one free for honest review from the publisher through Netgalley. I really liked this. It was a debut thriller, it definitely kept me interested and kept me reading. It had a lot of twists and turns. It dealt with bullying and trying to fit in. Our main character wasn't innocent. It was very good and I'd definitely read more from this author. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Death Or Glory, Vol. 1 by Rick Remender and Bengal -- This comic was okay. It felt like a B Action Movie. I liked the art, the colors, the style. I don't know if I was blown away by the story. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.3/5
A Bad Deal For the Whole Galaxy (The Salvagers #2) by Alex White -- I liked this, but I wasn't blown away by it. I had the same kind of feeling about the first book. It's fine, but it's not my favorite sci-fi series ever. This had a very second book feel. It was overly long for what it was. I enjoyed the ending and I'll definitely check out the third book. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.7/5
Blood of a Thousand Stars (#2) by Rhoda Belleza -- This was the second and final book in the Empress of a Thousand Skies Duology. It was great!! And I'm sad it's over. It went by so fast. I kind of wished it had been stretched out into more books, because I would have loved to have more time with these characters. I definitely recommend this. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.3/5

Favorite Books of the Month
 

And that was my Reading Month for May 2019! I'm hoping that June gives me all the good books. How was your reading month? Did you find any new favorites? Let's see if I can keep this up for June.

No comments:

Post a Comment