Friday, July 26, 2019

Reading Right Now! (216)

What I'm Reading Right Now! this week is not really going to be that exciting, because it's the same things that I was reading last week. I'm just not that fast of a reader. Plus, with my experimentation on reading two books at once, it almost makes me kind of slower. Blegh. I want to be Ashley the Super Speed Reader! but I'm just Ashley the Mediocre Reader.
Anyway...

 

-- Honor Bound (The Honors #2) by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre -- This is such a weird series and I just don't know how to feel about it. There are parts that I like. It's very fast paced and I like the sci-fi vibe. I don't like how overdramatic it is ALL THE TIME! I don't really like the main character Zara, she has this swagger and cockiness that I just find not very believable, and like she's not a real person. I absolutely hate Zadim, the bonding BS, and the odd/weird/yuck sexual tension between an alien whale ship and a teenage girl. Plus, plus, plus, the threesome that happened in this book. It's just so weird and I don't like it, at all. But there are parts of the story that interest me. I'm so confused about this whole thing. Why did the authors think certain aspects of this story would be a good idea?? But I probably will read the next book because I kind of want to know what will happen next and I have this weird thing about finishing series that I start, even if I don't love them.
Oh and I'm almost done with this. Hooray.

-- Goodbye Paris (Pono Hawkins #3) by Mike Bond -- I got this one for free for honest review. So honestly, this book is just okay so far. It might just be because it's not really my thing, I don't tend to read this kind of story a lot. Pono Hawkins, I'm not really getting his appeal. Why is he this chick magnet? I've seen no evidence to back that up. 
This isn't a book that I'm flying through. It just reads kind of slowly.
I also don't think this is a book that's going to be for everyone because it doesn't take the Politically Correct Mode, which I applaud it for. It's about terrorism, it's about France, and it brings up issues that some might call conspiracy theories and others might say is the unapologetic truth. I don't think everyone will be a fan of this book.
I'm over halfway through. I think it's an okay read so far. I'm interested to see how it ends.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! If I'm honest, I'm kind of looking forward to getting to something new. What are you reading this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment